Long Live General Kabaka Oba: The People's General

Friday, March 24, 2006

Roosevelt Barnes on Black Enterprise Report


Entrepreneur, Roosevelt Barnes
I had this picture and intent-to-do in my "Draft Box" since like March 3. I've meant to just give a quick congrats to Cincinnatian Roosevelt Barnes. His entrepreneurial family used to come peddling hair stuff back in the day when I was getting my 'head did' out there in da 'Ville -- Madisonville, that is. And that fine young fella you see above (no disrespect to the Mrs.) would come in there and me, Katina, and other females would just be a giggling. Roosevelt would ask me to sing for the beautyshop -- naps flying everywhere and all.

Anyway, In the weeeeeeee hours of Sunday mornings a great Nationaly Syndicated television program called "Black Enterprise Report," based off the magazine, did a segment on this gentlemen. Talked how he rose up through the ranks of whitey's real estate. Used that knowledge and now is doing is own thang.

Good for you Mr. Barnes.

Don't forget about a little nappy headed young singer sister as you keep moving up and up, ai-ght? Nor her former head-doer, Katina. (now is it coming back to you, brother?)

Anyways, Congratulations.